Friday, March 3, 2017

Lovingkindness.....


"Do not withhold your tender mercies from me, O LORD; Let your lovingkindness and your truth  continually preserve me." Psalm 40:11

Oh, continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You,
 And Your righteousness to the upright in heart. Psalm 36:10
The Lord is kind and gentle.

He knows my tendency to beat myself up, but He never lets me get away with it for long.

In a tearful prayer time, I asked Him if He could use me and if I was doing enough... 



So, He had someone ask me for help, and I helped,  and just like that He showed me again.

He showed me He can use me (if I'm willing) even if I don't know how. He showed me I can still hear Him clearly,  especially when it is for someone else.

And, He showed me that doing what He asks, and not more or less, IS enough.

He is so kind when I am not so nice to myself,  and He is so gentle when I am way too harsh with myself.  

When I writhe under self- condemnation for my lack of consistency in spiritual discipline or the lack of motivation for charitable efforts, He pours out grace, stability,  and compassion.  And then, He pours it through me, onto others....

He is so kind and gentle to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.