Friday, November 23, 2012

Starting a new blog.....

This isn't my first blog... I think this is my 4th blog ever.... and I do think I had another one on Google, but I can't locate it.... but I thought... let's try again on Blogger because my other blogs are so hard for me to figure out how to add things... of course, I am not sure I can figure it out here either.

I'm a mom. I have 8 kids and I homeschool.... and it's hard. It's not as hard as it used to be... I have graduated two of my kids, and I used to struggle SO much over their education in the past, but somehow, we are now on our 13th year of homeschooling. We have also come through an extremely difficult time period, recently, that lasted at least 5 yrs. It didn't feel survivable. But, here we are....

From 2007-2012, I went through two full -term pregnancies (one a c-section, the other with complications and a 10 day NICU stay,) two miscarriages, a son with emotional problems, another son with a bone tumor in his skull removed in a 12hr. surgery exposing his brain tissue, a hospitalization for my husband with a bowel obstruction, moving to a new house and selling an old house, losing a best friend to cancer, losing my only dear sister to a respiratory infection, and my husband losing his job. This meant two years of unemployment and temp jobs. Poor health with chronic fatigue and exhaustion, rejection by a person whom I thought was a close friend, and the loss of my church of 10 yrs. Even before 2007, I had struggled off and on with depression and chronic fatigue and had 3 miscarriages alternating with healthy pregnancies and homeschooling.

So, here I am now.... battle-weary and scarred. My heart is tender and sensitive to the reality of loss in my life. There is only one safe place for me... one hiding place.... only one place where I can rest.....

Under His Wing.....

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalm 91:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.