Saturday, June 22, 2013

When a Family is in a Wedding..... Part 3

If you missed the first two parts of this story, you can go here:
 When a Family is in a Wedding Part 1
or here: When a Family is in a Wedding Part 2
Nathan stands at the front of  the church

So, the moment has arrived.... our son was standing at the front of the church, and down the aisle came the bridesmaids and groomsmen, of which, two were my sons.


Jordan 

 Then came the two ringbearers, again my children.... and then the flowergirls....yep, mine... LOL!  I was worried about how Abigail, 4, would do. She can be a wildcard in a scene like this. She is only a little shy, but she is four and somewhat unreasonable if she doesn't want to do something.

Thankfully, she did come down the aisle without tears. She did not throw any petals at all, just barreled down the aisle, but overall, I thought she did well. Bethany, who is my "flowergirl" everyday, all the time, was completely into her role and scattered enough flower petals for both of them. I was very proud of every single one of my kids. Now, it was time to stand!!!

Jordan and Zach
 








  














Matt and Sarah-- Bethany and Abigail
    
The Bride had arrived!
    
Maria and her father.....
 I will admit, I did not feel particularly emotional when I saw my son standing at the front, but when I saw him take Maria's hand from her father's, I did tear up a bit then. It was just a great moment to see him looking so grown up! I kept thinking of him as a child and what a great delight he was. It was a bittersweet moment.... mostly sweet, but I sure do miss that little boy! And, of course, Maria looked beautiful in her wedding dress and veil! They looked so very happy together!

I think my most favorite part of the entire ceremony was when they went forward to light their "unity candle." This was a variation I had never seen before. The pastor stepped forward, in front of them and explained that he was going to relate a message that they had asked him to share about the Gospel, while they stood in front of the candle, behind him quietly praying for each other in a private moment. It was truly a touching scene, and I particularly loved watching Nathan pray for his wife.

 A very sweet moment for this momma's heart. ♥



Exchanging vows......



We had to blow bubbles on the bride and groom inside the building, instead of outside due to some light rain that day. Bethany, in this picture, was ready to blow her bubbles... She and her sisters helped to hand out the little bottles as people came out of the ceremony. Once they walked through, they had to turn back around and go back to the sanctuary for pictures, and then it was time to set up for the reception which would be in the same room.

Nate and Maria had a lot of great help from their church who seemed to take care of everything! They even had one friend, Alice, who acted as "wedding coordinator" and she did a really great job of helping Maria by making sure things ran smoothly. We are so thankful for the great church family Nate and Maria have found at Catalyst Church, and very thankful for the friends and family who were able to come to the wedding to share in celebrating their day.


♥ Mr. & Mrs. Nathan Mull ♥

End of Part Three........

Continue with more of the story with: When a Family is in a Wedding, Part 4


Under His Wing.....


                                






1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your son and of course to you! Very beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.