Wednesday, February 6, 2013

But God Has Put the Body Together.........

          Well, it has been a whole week since I broke my foot, and I think, for the most part, I have done ok. I had a lot of teary-eyed mornings starting out, but slowly I'm starting to figure out new ways of doing things. I have gotten used to many things NOT getting done, though I hope that changes over the course of the next week. Since I broke my foot at 11:15 pm last Wednesday, I realize this day really isn't over yet, but at least so far, it would seem that I haven't managed to have any major crisis yet today. This is good news since I had my back issues on three consecutive Wednesdays, and then my foot last Wednesday. Maybe I will actually become focused once again and start to accomplish a few things. It is amazing how difficult it is to even complete your thoughts when you have a crisis every week. LOL!

          Yesterday, I saw my orthopedic doctor and found out that I have a broken foot. LOL... really, that's what he told me.... They had me do more x-rays, which I didn't refuse because they made it sound like they weren't sure what was wrong with my foot, but then, told me afterwards the exact same information. <sigh> The good news is that I only have to wear the boot for 4 more weeks and that I can start putting some weight on my foot, carefully, and only with the boot on. I admit, I tried to walk without crutches, but that still hurts too much. I am going to give myself another week of crutches, and then try next week to see if I can start walking without them. It makes a huge difference already just being able to put my foot down when I am losing my balance, so this is very good news!

          I admit, I feel rather embarrassed when everyone wants to help me, but it deeply touches my heart at the same time. I worry at times about being a burden on others or giving the impression that I deserve to be waited  upon. But, I know that people are blessed in helping me, and I feel very blessed in receiving that help. It is humbling, but I know I am growing in grace.

         Yesterday, a woman at my homeschool co-op pointed out that it is like the scripture in 1Corinthians 12:

                         21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 


          She pointed out that when one part of the body hurts, the whole body is affected. I said, "Yes, I can totally relate to that passage because my whole body is actually hurting more than my foot right now. My arms and legs and back actually hurt more from helping my foot transport my body." 

She said, "And, isn't that how it is supposed to be with the Body of Christ?" 

Something to think about.....


Under His Wing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.