Sunday, January 13, 2013

Better today......

     Thankfully, after two visits to the chiropractor, lots of ice, and lots of rest, I am finally not feeling much pain at all.... I still have to move slowly, but I am quite relieved from the excruciating pain I was experiencing just a couple days ago. I am already starting to take small movements for granted! I started a crochet project today, and I could tell by the strain in my arms and shoulders that I wouldn't have been able to crochet even yesterday, let along those days preceding. Amazing how quickly, we can forget such acute pain! It is almost like the way one forgets the pain of childbirth afterwards.... unless you have been through childbirth enough times. ;-)

     I was surprised how exhausted I was today. I actually slept well.... slept the soundest I have slept in several nights. I think that my body has needed to recover from the sheer exhaustion of holding itself together to hold off pain. I napped all afternoon, and I still feel tired.

     I was so thankful to be able to go to church this morning.... I found that I could even stand during some of the praise & worship if I kept swaying back and forth. Standing completely still promotes pain. But, the only real pain I had at church was when I had to sit down.... and then get up again.... but, even though I was doing so well, I decided I should go forward for prayer. The person who prayed for my back asked for complete and rapid healing, and I think I may be getting that... I sure hope so. I do feel so much better tonight. Just in time, too, as we will be starting school tomorrow. I'm not sure if I am completely prepared... surely my home is NOT... LOL... I will have lots to catch up on in the laundry room for sure!

     So thankful that this episode is winding down. I've had lots of time to reflect. I've listened to lots of podcasts (learned how to do that during this time..... found some preaching to listen to!) and I feel like I am in a good place to start my "New Year."

Under His Wing........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.