Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"To Shine on Those Living in Darkness..."

"Answer me quickly, LORD; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life." Psalm 143:7-8


         Dark nights can bring dark thoughts. It seems that anxiety likes the nighttime better than any other time. Not much a person can do in the dark...I feel like I've been to the edge of that pit mentioned in the verse above too many times, looking down into the thick blackness that awaits at the bottom. Somehow, though, the Lord always brings me through to the morning. Even when my heart feels like it is caught up in a vice grip and the pain is intense and unceasing, somehow, He comes around me, holds me, and brings me through to see the daylight once again. I don't feel like I'm very good at focusing on Him and His Word when the dark nights come, but He has promised me that He will carry me when it is hard, and He always has. He's never failed me. I just need to remember.....He has promised..... "to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace.” Luke 1:79

          I can look to the morning... a new day! I can look to "new mercies!" He will always Light my path, I just have to keep looking in the Light... it is so easy to focus on the shadows and to be confused and afraid when unable to see further down the road.... so much anxiety takes hold when we try to see beyond the Light. If I can just put my trust in His unfailing love.... I know He will show me the way I should go. Trust.... oh, yes... let me lay back my head on His shoulder, while He carries me in the dark night.

          When the dark nights come, He will hide me......

        Under His Wing.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.